Online, one of the most significant keys to success is getting website traffic. The more visitors you have, the better your sales and profits.
Let’s say you have a niche, you know your keywords, and you regularly conduct keyword research to stay on top of what is popular.
Based on those assumptions here are four quick and easy tips to help you get website traffic faster.
Tip #1. Make Sure You Actually Tagging Your Keywords
Do you spend a lot of time optimizing your content and then neglect to tag them on your webpage?
Tags are where search engines look and if there are no tags they will pass right by your web pages. Here is a quick brief on tags.
There are a number of tag types including,
* Title tags – they are quite possibly the most important place to situate your keywords, they look like this –
Your title tag is where you place your primary keyword or keyword phrase. The sentence will describe your business in less than 90 characters.
* Header Tags – they are next in order of importance to search engines. They’re ranked in order of importance. The designates this header as the most important header on the page.
* Meta Tags – they offer the small descriptive text, it can be found underneath the title tag on the search engine results page. These tags should be kept brief, informative and up to date.
* Alt Tags – they are used to give a text description of a graphic. Each graphic on your site should have a description and an alt tag.
Tip #2. Add Content to Your Site Daily
Content is essential for traffic and reach to the top of search engine ranking, it is what search engine spiders look for and index – without it there is nothing to index or to rank.
Give visitors and search engines a reason to visit and index your site. If you have time, make a commitment to yourself to write and give optimized content daily, then you will see your site’s traffic will soar.
Tip #3. Procure Valuable and Relevant Incoming Links
The more websites that links to your webpages the more valuable search engines perceive you to be, although not all links are created equal, search engines give more leverage to links from sites which are popular, credible and from sites which are relevant to your website topic.
There are different types of links.
– A direct link looks like a basic website address, such as, www.yourwebsite.com
– A text link occurs when the webpage address is embedded in the text. Readers simply click on the link and are redirected to a new website page.
– If the link is to an internal web page, such as an article published on a website, rather than the home page, it is called a deep link.
You can encourage linking to your website by:
* Adding content to your site.
* Submitting to article directories.
* Publishing press releases.
* Blogging and participating in social networking forums, chat rooms and social networking sites.
Tip #4. Be Social!
Now more than ever before, internet marketing is about building a community.
Whether you offer a forum on your website or you take part in social networking sites, social networking is a valuable traffic generating tactic. Sites like Google+, Facebook and Twitter can be powerful tools to use, to help your site generating links and traffic – create a profile and then post comments, links to your site and start to post the ideas to generate conversation.
Get involved – many chat rooms and forums are industry specific, find those which cater to your industry, and then begin to take part, speak to and connect with a highly targeted audience.
For most results, create a traffic and SEO strategy. Outline your plan and your goals and then take the necessary action. Take advantage of these five traffic and search engine tips to boost your business.