As mobile technology advances and the world of social media expands, more and more hotels are turning towards the internet to increase revenue and generate greater brand awareness. In this wild world of Twitter, SEO and analytics, failure to adopt early is social suicide.
Recently, buuteeq has partnered with Killer Infographics to combine some of the best hotel marketing knowledge out there with their insights, below this infographic about hotel Internet marketing is what they produced. This hotel marketing infographic shows the most social-savvy hotels are marketing themselves in this exploding market.
For spreading of social seeds, the study found that 63 percent of hotels are on Google+, 58 percent are on Foursquare, 19 percent of them are on Instagram, 17 percent are on Pinterest and 13 percent of hotels are on tumblr.
In regards to what content is the most popular on hotel Facebook page, the research found that Hotel features rooms, photos and etc got 0.31 percent, follow by is contests 0.25 percent, company news and events got 0.20 percent. Promotion and deals only got 0.15 percent.
By that, I found in Bangkok, one of the hotel’s Facebook page becomes popular day by day is Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit. As far as I observed, from time to time, they consistently twist and improve their Facebook marketing and content strategy to fit with their fans need. If you are interested, you can go to their Facebook page, click on that like and then you will know.
If you are a hotelier or a hotel marketer, here are some of the key things to take away from this research:
- It is cheaper to gain an online booking from your website than from both online travel agencies (OTAs) and phone bookings.
- Hotels that engage with social media increase bookings, while those that ignore it lose bookings.
- The largest margin of profit comes from mobile bookers.
- Social media campaigns encourage more bookings than traditional email campaigns.
Latest posts by Ann Liu (Posts)
- How To Blast Off On GooglePlus - April 9, 2014
- How to Social Landscape Success in 2014 - March 23, 2014
- How to Increase the Rate of Your GooglePlus Engagement - March 12, 2014