As SEO becomes more and more vital to just about every industry with an online presence, it’s also become decidedly more complicated. It is constantly changing.
New updates are released, new trends are discussed and new strategies are developed. SEO is something that will constantly evolve.
SEO is also a funny thing. Some people love it. Others think it’s the bane of the entire internet. In the digital age, it can literally make or break a business.
Over the past few years, a number of changes Google has made to their algorithm have been profound, and these changes only increasing in frequency.
Google wants to reward great content. They want to make searchers happy, they want the piece of content that has the goal of communion with the reader/searcher. And they certainly don’t want you (or me) using another search engine.
With Google fine-tuning its search algorithms, updates, search index changes and refreshes. How can your brand keep ahead of the pack by anticipating or responding to these changes?
If you need a quick rundown of some of the ways SEO has changed over the past year, check out the infographic below from Executive SEO Inc.
1. Optimization for Mobile Traffic
2. Focus Has Switched from Keyword Rankings to ROI Metrics
3. The Importance of Brand Mentions
4. The Demise of Google+
5. Focus on Building Relationships Instead of Creating Content
6. SEO is Becoming Integrated with Marketing, Rather Than its Own Department
7. A More Focused Social Media Approach
8. Earned Links are More Valuable