Since the emergence of the first social media networks some two decades ago, social media has continued to evolve and offer consumers around the world new and meaningful ways to engage with the people, events and brands that matter to them. In today’s fast moving economy, social media networks become an integral part of our daily lives, customers are turning to it more than ever to express an issue with a product or service.
With all the consumer behavior changes and social media channels, how are brands managing the dialogue with their customers through thick and thin?
According to FanPageKarma, an online tool used to analyze Facebook pages, analyzed about 60,000 pages resulting in about 2.7m fan posts over a period of three months. On the Facebook, the world number 1 social media platform, only 28% of all fan posts get a reaction by the brands. The rest 72% stays ignored,
Germany is the country that responds fastest averaging 12.2 hours. The USA is 13.3 hours.
From all countries Spain performs best: The median is at 50%, Austria, Switzerland and Portugal are at 33%, Germany at 25% and the USA are last in line with 11%.
The finance sector seems to be the most comprehensive in their customer service on Facebook — they respond on average to 77% of posts by fans, with a median response time within 9.5 hours. On the other hand, the automobile industry performed the worst: half of the pages need longer than 15 hours to react to a post.