I find Topikality is a new, more efficient tool to help you research and stay up-to-date with important news and information. It proactively keeps you updated on a topik – not based on a phrase, but based on what you like.
Unlike Google, Google finds pages that contain the specific phrase you search for. But Topikality learns what sort of articles you like, and delivers only those articles.
In the other words, it emails you a list of articles relevant to a topik, not just web pages containing a word or phrase. It learns which articles you like and which you don’t and you receive more of what you like, and less of what you don’t.
It is can be used as an additional email alert service but not an alternative one beside the Google Alerts since there are some essential difference in between the two services.
Topikality is Best to Use for:
* Keyword research for your main/base keyword (to see which contexts it is used in);
* Post and content ideas (to see what people write about in this niche).
The tool is currently is in the beta, due to the size of the database too small, it is impossible to use for reputation management, which means you won’t be able to spot every other brand mention.
Below this demo video walks you through how to set up your own account, to let you see how you might use this new keyword research tool in your work, it is a free tool to use, so give it a try.
Latest posts by Ann Liu (Posts)
- The Feature Rich New Google+ - May 18, 2013
- Top 10 Tips Help You Writing Content That Ranks in 2013 - May 1, 2013
- Do You Know How Facebook’s EdgeRank Algorithm Works - April 23, 2013