If you haven’t get on Google+, you really should join it now. Google+ is growing more rapidly than Facebook and Twitter combined.
As you may already know, Twitter is great for getting immediate perspectives on news and events. It is for real-time perspectives.
Facebook, on the other hand, is the way to learn what’s going on in the lives of people that you already know (friends, relatives and colleagues). It is for people.
But Google Plus, it enables you to pursue your passions with people who you don’t know (strangers). It is for passion.
How to Get Start on Google+
Here are a few quick tips to getting start on G+:
1. If you don’t have a Gmail account, get one, its free.
2. Fill out your bio, your real name (not a business name), links, and add a profile photo to your new Google+ profile.
3. Create a few circles with select individuals whose post on topics that interested to you and get familiar with it – they work similarly to Facebook friend lists. After you get it done, you can view your stream of content filtered by these lists, you can also publish content to specific lists, feel free to circle me.
4. Then browser below this mega list for the information of G+.
Overview, general information, help, settings, privacy, updates, and mobile apps etc
- Google+ Help Forum
- Google+ Privacy Guide
- Google+ Data Liberation (Download your data)
- View Google Account Authorized Access List
- View All Direct and Secondary Connections to Your Google Account
- Google+ User Content and Conduct Policy
- Google+ Known Issues (problems Google is working on
- Google+ Interesting and Famous People to Follow
- Google+ Android App
- Google+ iPhone App
- Search Google+ not just for names, but for posts, sparks (general content), click here and here
- 45 Resources on Google Search Plus Your World
- Useful Google+ SEO and Google Search plus Your World Resources
- Google Plus Update
- Google Plus Help Community
- Google Plus Resources
- Plus Your Business
If you haven’t go through these resources, here are the list of Google+ tutorials and tips worth your time to read
- The Mother of All Google+ Resource Lists (thenextweb.com)
- Google+ The Complete Guide by Ben Parr (mashable.com)
- How to Get Started With Google+, Your Complete Guide (socialmediaexaminer.com)
- 31 Essential Google+ Resources (mashable.com)
- 40 Google+ Tips and Tricks for Power Users (pcworld.com)
- 20 of the Best Google Guides (freelancefolder.com)
- 15 Google+ Sites & Services for Power Users (mashable.com)
- Google Plus Resources (updated list kept on G+ by Johnathan Chung)
- Google+ Resources (updated wiki kept on Google Docs by Mariva H. Aviram)
- Google+ Shortcuts and Tips (kept updated by localseoguide.com)
- Find People on G+ (directory of 9.6M indexed users)
- SocialStatistics – Google+ Statistics complete with leaderboard and top posts (from +Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten who brought us TwitterCounter.com)
- Google+ Guide for New Google+ Users
- Authorship/AuthorRank/PageRank (kept updated by Timothy Coxon)
- Google+ Helper (kept updated by Jaana Nyström)
- Google Plus Guide for Business and Personal Use (kept updated by Mark Traphagen)
- Complete User Guide to Google+ Communities: the whole kit and commoogle! (kept updated by Martin Shervington)
- Google Plus Daily
- Google Authorship Resources (kept updated by raventools.com)
- A six module free Google+ course (kept updated by Martin Shervington)
- Google Plus Help for Beginners (kept updated by Billy Wilson)
- Google+ for Your Business / at Work (kept updated by Denis Labelle)
- Google+ Hangouts Tips (kept updated by Ronnie Bincer)
- Google Plus Marketing Resources for Business
- Marketing, Psychology & Google+ Insights (kept updated by martinshervington.com)
- Official “Google Plus Translation Guide” for all of the new Google Plus users (kept updated by Rand Wilson)
- Completely User Guide: Google Plus Pages for Business and Brands (kept updated by Martin Shervington)
- Everything you need to know about ‘authorship’, ‘author rank’ and ‘social SEO’ with Mark Traphagen (kept updated by Martin Shervington)
- Google Plus: The Ultimate Guide to Ultimate Guides
- New Google+ Users: Everything “+” on one post
- Over 30 Tips to help navigate Google+ by Martin Shervington
The big improvements to mobile (go download new version) and “Hangouts” – including being able to Hangouts from your mobile phone and to broadcast your Hangout so everyone can watch while the 10 of you talk.
Hangouts now also have collaborative tools (screen sharing, Google Docs, sketchpad). Read more here.
A big thanks to Denis Labelle for below these GooglePlus helpful resources:
1. Who Should You Circle?: goo.gl/RoNPvA
2. Make use of Google+ tours: goo.gl/c5RZFy
3. Photos: goo.gl/fF6lth
4. Save posts, articles and ideas on G+: goo.gl/WSN8Ov
5. 3 steps to more privacy on your G+ profile: goo.gl/u3I3Wv
6. Actively managing your community membership: goo.gl/TVymDg
7. How to explore and join Communities: goo.gl/zL2pl3
8. How to send feedback on G+: goo.gl/VvLWoX
9. Make Your G+ Photos “Auto Awesome”: goo.gl/UdahMn
10. Automatically share your blog posts to Google+: goo.gl/sHDbhm
11. Ways to use Google+ photo editing: goo.gl/Byk90r
12. Let hashtags find fun posts for you: goo.gl/MWWD4i
13. Make your Communities happier and healthier: goo.gl/DoByrf
14. Do More with Your Photos From Auto Backup: goo.gl/f9WFRJ
15. Search your own photos -> goo.gl/VB3ZEU
16. How to delete your Auto Backup photos -> goo.gl/oTO6Eq
17. Google Photos app is one-tap access to your Google+ Photos: goo.gl/jJ2Dma
18. How to post publicly, to your circles, or to a community: goo.gl/5NTmUo
19. Share an album with someone not yet on G+: goo.gl/M9RJDR
20. How to restore photos from Trash: goo.gl/hpgp3c
21. How to adjust the mix of posts in your Home stream: goo.gl/4XCqy4
22. Follow your favorite YouTube channel on Google+: goo.gl/RgsI55
A big thanks to Rick Eliason for below these GooglePlus helpful resources:
1. Create A Killer Hovercard: goo.gl/ifDhJW
2. Sharing to Circles vs. Publicly: goo.gl/1qr0YO
3. Google+ Communities: goo.gl/NC21Ly
4. Share Your G+ Posts on Other SM: goo.gl/QeefiD
5. Report Issues With G+ or Suggest Ideas: goo.gl/FywX2c
6. Create A “Save For Later” Circle: goo.gl/PmBRWf
7. Add A Large Image To Your Post: goo.gl/lVr3yj
8. The Various G+ Keyboard Shortcuts: goo.gl/7BaxMs
9. Share Someone Else’s G+ Post: goo.gl/DYJo3U
10. Create A Mini Blog on G+: goo.gl/zEVIOM
11. Host A Google+ Hangout: goo.gl/2P0n0Q
12. Leave A Wake of Value-Add In Your Path: goo.gl/lpCzaD
13. Take Control Of Your G+ Notifications: goo.gl/WHU0p3
14. SEO Your Google+ Posts: goo.gl/oYb6J1
15. How To Find Things On G+: goo.gl/rY18uQ
16. Formatting For Beautiful, Engaging Posts: goo.gl/mnfP5d
17. How To Disable Comments & Shares: goo.gl/Bkc6Mp
18. Attract More Comments With Gifs & Image Posts: goo.gl/VGcNhl
19. Start A Conversation With Someone: goo.gl/VXOVmy
20. Create An Event Using G+: goo.gl/IUFmlP
21. Enable Automatic Hash-tagging: goo.gl/MuoV9h
22. Don’t Give Up At The First Hurdle: goo.gl/2zdPQ8
23. The Benefits of Link Shorteners: goo.gl/pwfGXo
24. Understanding Ripples & Using Them To Your Advantage: goo.gl/Z47kxp
25. What Not To Do On G+ (Part 1): goo.gl/IdP51J
26. Edit Posts – Did You Know You Could Do That?: goo.gl/aFsKU9
27. Choose The Best Link Thumbnail For Your Post: goo.gl/wXTSh4
28. Start Building Your Author Rank: goo.gl/4427P3
29. Link G+ To Your Content With Authorship Tags: goo.gl/Rn4GGJ
30. Curate & Streamline Circles for Awesome News Streams: goo.gl/e8lNhh
31. Use Eye-Grabbing Headlines: goo.gl/p45IPK
32. Use Google Drive With Google+: goo.gl/zpwHHC
33. Track Circle Shares With CircleCount: goo.gl/TXfe2j
34. Be Awesome With AutoAwesome: goo.gl/Inq2bX
35. Build Your Following By Watching Hangouts: goo.gl/Rjgrhi
36. Overcome Difficulties With Plus-Mentioning People: goo.gl/nQsT9T
37. Write Posts That People Are Actually Looking For: goo.gl/D8NwGh
38. Use ‘The Google+ Effect’ To Improve Your Twitter Experience: goo.gl/hLE1Ia
39. Learn How To Use Images Appropriately & Legally: goo.gl/D3dzCc
40. Learn To Schedule Posts With +Do Share: goo.gl/1BUcrN
41. Build A Community Around Your Passion: goo.gl/IsFrHg
42. Optimise Your Profile/Page/Community For Search: goo.gl/YMblJF
43. Share Beyond Your Circles & GPlussers: goo.gl/ryHWHQ
44. Blocking & Muting People – As Simple As It Sounds? goo.gl/wqsXnN
45. Extend The Life Of Your Best Posts: goo.gl/tGw9g7
46. Merge Multiple Google+ Profiles Together: goo.gl/sRKzp8
47. Using Your About Tab More Effectively: goo.gl/sNqUDQ
48. Posting Multiple Photos Per Post: goo.gl/sM32aP
49. Use Google+ …Every Day: goo.gl/fS0tIq
50. What Not To Do On Google+ (Part 2): goo.gl/3ahoO4?
Mini-Series on Page Rank and Google Plus
Thanks Joshua Berg for put this series together, it will update from time to time.
Pt 1: Is Google+ Page Rank the culprit behind the current http://goo.gl/R4TZM
Pt 2: How PageRank in Google+ is Earned. G+ Link Myths http://goo.gl/0YcDp
Pt 3: Why PR in G+ Matters To You & Your Connections http://goo.gl/zHKhx
Pt 4: PR in G+ – PageRank is Still The Guts of Google Search http://goo.gl/j4GGn
Pt 5: PageRank, Link Juice & SEO for Google+ Communities http://goo.gl/ViToc
Pt 6: Balance Returns to PageRank Force. Avoid The Dark Side http://goo.gl/N0xhD
HOA PageRank – Executive Summary video: http://goo.gl/vOUhE
Below this collection is large. Thanks to Johnathan Chung for the awesome work, here you go – an extensive database of Google+ resources.
SECTION 1: GETTING STARTED (http://goo.gl/syrqi)
“Quick Start” is composed of 1-2 page high-yield infographics containing the minimal technical information useful for the simplest of G+ experiences. This is for people who like the least amount of introduction and who like to learn as they go.
“Overview” contains G+ tips, personal recommendations, user experiences, and describes the overall G+ environment in a way that is more elaborate than “Quick Start” but less comprehensive than the full “Guides” section.
SECTION 2: GUIDES (http://goo.gl/GgidI)
“Beginner Guides” have step-by-step walk-through, descriptions, and advice for the most important basic features of G+ to maximize your experience quickly without getting too involved or potentially overwhelmed. This is a well-rounded introduction to G+.
“Comprehensive Guides” contain an enormous amount of dense information, some of it repeated within other detailed guides. If you are looking to learn the in’s and out’s of G+, read through these to pick up on everything from basic to advanced tips and tricks.
SECTION 3: CIRCLES (http://goo.gl/WGvnh)
Delves into circle management and maintenance. It is important to stay organized with circles because they decide how your information is presented in the Stream and how privacy (“who sees what”) is controlled.
SECTION 4: PHOTOS (http://goo.gl/sy2sS)
Items on uploading, sharing, organizing, and customizing pics.
SECTION 5: HANGOUTS (http://goo.gl/btUyc)
Many examples of creative uses of Hangouts and Hangout resources.
SECTION 6: FINDING PEOPLE (http://goo.gl/o1HA9)
Provides a list of sites for where and how to search for G+ users based on a variety of criteria and interests. Some of these sites are also useful for maintaining and sharing public circle lists and for viewing user statistics. “List Names” section is composed of aggregated lists of people found in particular G+ niches and communities.
SECTION 7: BLOGS & NEWS (http://goo.gl/0jQzW)
Provides general and comprehensive information focused on what’s happening in Google+.
SECTION 8: EXTENSIONS, TOOLS, & APPS (http://goo.gl/1FyBK)
These tools are meant to enhance or change the G+ user experience. Some browser extensions may stop working properly when Google makes updates and changes to G+. Please note: use of these extensions and services are “as is” and at your own discretion. Several extensions may ask for permission to get access to your browser activity and G+ profile.
SECTION 9: PRIVACY (http://goo.gl/NSPGY)
Provides resources to keep up privacy and security on G+.
SECTION 10: SUGGESTIONS & FEEDBACK (http://goo.gl/1TLNk)
Ways to offer constructive criticism to Google for improving G+.
SECTION 11: GRAPHICS & ICONS (http://goo.gl/Gi3Cb)
Contains Google Plus-related fan art, graphics, icons, and desktop wallpaper.
How-To Google+ Videos
- Google+: How to get started
- Google+: About circles
- Google+: Fun with Hangouts
- Google+: Reading and responding
- Google+: Sharing
- Google+: Set Up Your Profile
- Google+: Find people you know
- Google+ Communities: A place for whatever you’re into
- Google+ Events: Introducing a new way to get together
- Google+ Photos: Great photos, in less time
- Bring your conversations to life with Hangouts
- Google+: Share photo albums
- Google+ Photos: Editing tools to make your photos smile