If you haven’t get on Google+, you really should join it now. Google+ is growing more rapidly than Facebook and Twitter combined.
As you may already know, Twitter is great for getting immediate perspectives on news and events. It is for real-time perspectives.
Facebook, on the other hand, is the way to learn what’s going on in the lives of people that you already know (friends, relatives and colleagues). It is for people.
But Google Plus, it enables you to pursue your passions with people who you don’t know (strangers). It is for passion.
How to Get Start on Google+
Here are a few quick tips to getting start on G+:
1. If you don’t have a Gmail account, get one, its free.
2. Fill out your bio, your real name (not a business name), links, and add a profile photo to your new Google+ profile.
3. Create a few circles with select individuals whose post on topics that interested to you and get familiar with it – they work similarly to Facebook friend lists. After you get it done, you can view your stream of content filtered by these lists, you can also publish content to specific lists, feel free to circle me.
4. Then browser below this mega list for the information of G+.
Overview, general information, help, settings, privacy, updates, and mobile apps etc
- Google+ Help Forum
- Google+ Privacy Guide
- Google+ Data Liberation (Download your data)
- View Google Account Authorized Access List
- View All Direct and Secondary Connections to Your Google Account
- Google+ User Content and Conduct Policy
- Google+ Known Issues (problems Google is working on)
- Google+ Photos (Picasa Web Albums) FAQ
- Google+ Interesting and Famous People to Follow
- Google+ Android App
- Google+ iPhone App
- Search Google+ not just for names, but for posts, sparks (general content), click here and here
- 45 Resources on Google Search Plus Your World
- Useful Google+ SEO and Google Search plus Your World Resources
- Google Plus Update
- Google Plus Help Community
- Google Plus Resources
If you haven’t go through these resources, here are the list of Google+ tutorials and tips worth your time to read
- The Mother of All Google+ Resource Lists (thenextweb.com)
- Google+ The Complete Guide by Ben Parr (mashable.com)
- How to Get Started With Google+, Your Complete Guide (socialmediaexaminer.com)
- 31 Essential Google+ Resources (mashable.com)
- 40 Google+ Tips and Tricks for Power Users (pcworld.com)
- 20 of the Best Google Guides (freelancefolder.com)
- 15 Google+ Sites & Services for Power Users (mashable.com)
- Google Plus Resources (updated list kept on G+ by Johnathan Chung)
- Google+ Resources (updated wiki kept on Google Docs by Mariva H. Aviram)
- Google+ Shortcuts and Tips (kept updated by localseoguide.com)
- Find People on G+ (directory of 9.6M indexed users)
- SocialStatistics – Google+ Statistics complete with leaderboard and top posts (from +Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten who brought us TwitterCounter.com)
- Google+ Guide for New Google+ Users
- Authorship/AuthorRank/PageRank (kept updated by Timothy Coxon)
- Google+ Helper (kept updated by Jaana Nyström)
- Google Plus Guide for Business and Personal Use (kept updated by Mark Traphagen)
- Complete User Guide to Google+ Communities: the whole kit and commoogle! (kept updated by Martin Shervington)
- Google Plus Daily
- Google Authorship Resources (kept updated by raventools.com)
- A six module free Google+ course (kept updated by Martin Shervington)
- Google Plus Help for Beginners (kept updated by Billy Wilson)
- Google+ for Your Business / at Work (kept updated by Denis Labelle)
- Google+ Hangouts Tips (kept updated by Ronnie Bincer)
- Google Plus Marketing Resources for Business
- Marketing, Psychology & Google+ Insights (kept updated by martinshervington.com)
- Official “Google Plus Translation Guide” for all of the new Google Plus users (kept updated by Rand Wilson)
- Completely User Guide: Google Plus Pages for Business and Brands (kept updated by Martin Shervington)
- Everything you need to know about ‘authorship’, ‘author rank’ and ‘social SEO’ with Mark Traphagen (kept updated by Martin Shervington)
- Google Plus: The Ultimate Guide to Ultimate Guides
- New Google+ Users: Everything “+” on one post
The big improvements to mobile (go download new version) and “Hangouts” – including being able to Hangouts from your mobile phone and to broadcast your Hangout so everyone can watch while the 10 of you talk.
Hangouts now also have collaborative tools (screen sharing, Google Docs, sketchpad). Read more here.
Mini-Series on Page Rank and Google Plus
Thanks Joshua Berg for put this series together, it will update from time to time.
Pt 1: Is Google+ Page Rank the culprit behind the current http://goo.gl/R4TZM
Pt 2: How PageRank in Google+ is Earned. G+ Link Myths http://goo.gl/0YcDp
Pt 3: Why PR in G+ Matters To You & Your Connections http://goo.gl/zHKhx
Pt 4: PR in G+ – PageRank is Still The Guts of Google Search http://goo.gl/j4GGn
Pt 5: PageRank, Link Juice & SEO for Google+ Communities http://goo.gl/ViToc
Pt 6: Balance Returns to PageRank Force. Avoid The Dark Side http://goo.gl/N0xhD
HOA PageRank – Executive Summary video: http://goo.gl/vOUhE
Below this collection is large. Thanks to Johnathan Chung for the awesome work, here you go – an extensive database of Google+ resources.
SECTION 1: GETTING STARTED (http://goo.gl/syrqi)
“Quick Start” is composed of 1-2 page high-yield infographics containing the minimal technical information useful for the simplest of G+ experiences. This is for people who like the least amount of introduction and who like to learn as they go.
“Overview” contains G+ tips, personal recommendations, user experiences, and describes the overall G+ environment in a way that is more elaborate than “Quick Start” but less comprehensive than the full “Guides” section.
SECTION 2: GUIDES (http://goo.gl/GgidI)
“Beginner Guides” have step-by-step walk-through, descriptions, and advice for the most important basic features of G+ to maximize your experience quickly without getting too involved or potentially overwhelmed. This is a well-rounded introduction to G+.
“Comprehensive Guides” contain an enormous amount of dense information, some of it repeated within other detailed guides. If you are looking to learn the in’s and out’s of G+, read through these to pick up on everything from basic to advanced tips and tricks.
SECTION 3: CIRCLES (http://goo.gl/WGvnh)
Delves into circle management and maintenance. It is important to stay organized with circles because they decide how your information is presented in the Stream and how privacy (“who sees what”) is controlled.
SECTION 4: PHOTOS (http://goo.gl/sy2sS)
Items on uploading, sharing, organizing, and customizing pics.
SECTION 5: HANGOUTS (http://goo.gl/btUyc)
Many examples of creative uses of Hangouts and Hangout resources.
SECTION 6: FINDING PEOPLE (http://goo.gl/o1HA9)
Provides a list of sites for where and how to search for G+ users based on a variety of criteria and interests. Some of these sites are also useful for maintaining and sharing public circle lists and for viewing user statistics. “List Names” section is composed of aggregated lists of people found in particular G+ niches and communities.
SECTION 7: BLOGS & NEWS (http://goo.gl/0jQzW)
Provides general and comprehensive information focused on what’s happening in Google+.
SECTION 8: EXTENSIONS, TOOLS, & APPS (http://goo.gl/1FyBK)
These tools are meant to enhance or change the G+ user experience. Some browser extensions may stop working properly when Google makes updates and changes to G+. Please note: use of these extensions and services are “as is” and at your own discretion. Several extensions may ask for permission to get access to your browser activity and G+ profile.
SECTION 9: PRIVACY (http://goo.gl/NSPGY)
Provides resources to keep up privacy and security on G+.
SECTION 10: SUGGESTIONS & FEEDBACK (http://goo.gl/1TLNk)
Ways to offer constructive criticism to Google for improving G+.
SECTION 11: GRAPHICS & ICONS (http://goo.gl/Gi3Cb)
Contains Google Plus-related fan art, graphics, icons, and desktop wallpaper.
Latest posts by Ann Liu (Posts)
- How To Blast Off On GooglePlus - April 9, 2014
- How to Social Landscape Success in 2014 - March 23, 2014
- How to Increase the Rate of Your GooglePlus Engagement - March 12, 2014