Twitter is everywhere, it’s impossible to escape the ubiquitous 140 character microblog. There are many ways of using Twitter for everything, from business to daily life to fun etc. To use this microblog effectively, you need tools and application’s help, without it, Twitter can be overwhelming and difficult to fathom. Out there, many tools available, what are the Twitter tools that really make a difference for advanced Twitter users?
Previously, I have posted a small list. In today’s post, you can see the list is bigger, some of these Twitter tools have been around for sometime so they have a sound business model. They simplify manifold tasks but have one thing in common – you must be aware and use these (maybe some) tools if you’re serious about Twitter marketing and participation.
Twitter Suite and Business Social Tools
- ITweetLive – a social media engagement tool, which provides companies and organizations a platform to talk with larger audiences in less time, while still keeping the conversation personal. This tool will help you target your audience in real-time, cluster them into sub-groups and create real connections. Their tracking system uses statistical feedback and recommends the most suitable replies for your audience, creating the optimal online marketing strategy for your brand
- Sprout Social – easy to use dashboard to manage your social efforts with attractive analytics.
- Social Oomph – a complete Twitter automation and analytic Tool, free version also very valuable for keyword analysis reports, follow backs, and reporting.
- Timely – an interesting app that analyzes and schedules Tweets based upon the best time to deliver them.
- Tweetag – browse tweets via tags and receive e-mail notifications.
- Tap11 – real-time intelligence and engagement platform for Twitter and Facebook.
- Twaitter – social media suite handling scheduling of tweets, statistics, other info.
- Twollo – targeted follower building tool based on keywords with auto-follow.
- BufferApp – build a targeted list of tweets that it will intelligently deliver over the course of the day.
- Radian6 – valuable monitoring and analytic tool.
- TweetBig – another good suite with auto follow-back, tweet scheduling, analytics, and other stuff.
- CoTweet – tool to help empower teams to monitor and engage with customers across multiple accounts
- Mutual Mind.com – an enterprise level social media management platform.
- TweetSpinner – manages followers, rotates profiles, archives and schedules tweets.
Twitter Account Analysis Tool
- My Tweeple – twitter account evaluation tool, followers counts, ratios, tweet counts, also allows you to review recent tweets (See what your followers are saying), follow-back, hide or block new followers, create tags, notes and share, good tool to export your entire follower list to a csv file.
- Twitter Counter – good twitter analytic and comparison, statistic tool, it also has some good blog scripts and twitter tools
- Twitter Grader – analyses your twitter account on a 0-100 score, computed based on how complete your profile is as well as the number and influence of your followers. Also shows top users in categories, good basic stats.
- Tweet Stats – graphical representation of your twitter activity including time of day posting, interface used etc.
- Tweeple Twak – supposedly track your friend gains and declines, site is up, but can’t see what it does.
- Twit Graph – this one is similar to TweetStats, but weaker and it has more advertising.
- Twoolr – another twitter analytic tool.
- Twitter Ratio – it let you find out your friend to follower ratio.
- Retweet Rank – it provides a ranking on the number of Retweets you have.
- ManageFlitter – it provides clean up and manage who you follow, find out who isn’t following you back, which inactive accounts you follow, it allows you easily search inside your Twitter stream.
- TwentyFeet- excellent summary of stats across multiple sites.
- Klout – an excellent app to track and rate your social media activities (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn to follow).
- Empire Avenue – this one is similar to Klout, only more complicated with a “virtual investment game” built in.
- Crowd Booster and Peer Index – are good analytic tool as well.
Polls and Surveys on Twitter
- Lazy Tweet – find answers to your questions by posting “@lazyweb” or “@lazytweet”
- Twitter Answers – another question site with a nice layout so you can easily get answers to your questions.
- Twitter Polldaddy – a complete poll and survey site that also offers Twitter options.
- Twittpoll – join some twitter polls and receive the results in 24 hours
Twitter Integration with Your Blog or Website
- Feed Tweeter – integrate Twitter with Plurk, your blog and delicious.
- Loudtwitter – ships your tweets to your blog.
- PingTwitter – automatically update your Twitter account when you publish a new blog post.
- Twitter Counter – add this option so people can easily tweet information from your site or blog.
- Twitter Tools – a wordpress plugin that lets you integrate Twitter with your blog. You can send your updates to your blog as well as create tweets directly from your blog.
- Twitter for WordPress: Script displays latest tweets on your blog.
- Twitterfeed – post your blog to Twitter through your RSS feed.
- Remember the Milk – manage tasks on Twitter as well as set notifications for yourself.
- Twittercal -integrate your Google Calendar with Twitter
- My Chores – track your chores.
- Planypus – make plans and export them to Twitter.
Twitter Advertising Networks
- Twittad – place advertisements on your profile
- Magpie- advertise with 5 tweets and get paid.
- TwitCash- scheme to make money on twitter.
Twitter Backup Utilities
- Tweetake – backup your twitter account.
- Twitter Safe – another place where you can backup your account.
Twitter Firefox and Other Plugins
- TweetStalk- a firefox addon that allows you to follow and stalk people without them knowing it.
- Hootbar – formerlly Twitterbar, powerful way to post messages from address bar.
- TwitterLine- a headline toolbar for Firefox.
- Yoono – supports updates to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, GTalk AIM.
- Shareaholic – share webpages with your friends on Twitter, it can be integrated with your Firefox Browser.
- Twitbin- a Firefox extension that allows you to post and receive tweets via the Sidebin.
- TwitterFox – sits in the status bar of Firefox, send updates and keep an eye on your friends.
- Echofon For Firefox – another sidebin extension.
- iTwitter – iGoogle gadget that have ping.fm, twitter videos, twitter news, twitter tips, twitter tools and more.
There are lots of smartphone Twitter Apps, here are a few of them.
- Tweetlogix – easy to manage multiple accounts etc.
- Echofon – another good iphone app.
- Tweeter – got to have a jailbroken iPhone, but an awesome app to quickly pull up an app and tweet images, video, location, etc.
- Seesmic – a nice app that allows you to easily log on to multiple Twitter, Facebook accounts.
- Hootsuite – one of the most popular tools out there.
- Twitter for BlackBerry – With this app, you can easily stay connected to the information and people you care about.
- Boxcar – good app that does push notifications for multiple social sites.
- Twidroid – an application for Android mobiles.
Integration With E-Mail / Messaging Applications
- Yahoo Messenger Twitter Sync Plugin- integrate twitter with your Yahoo Messenger.
- Twittermail – part of TwitterCounter, it allows you update twitter, send images, and longer tweets via email
- Twinbox – update Twitter with your Microsoft Outlook.
- TwitEmail- it allows twitter users to send HTML emails with attachments.
Simple Web Based Clients and Twitter Viewing Tools
- Twitter.com – the official Twitter website, so can’t go wrong with web and smartphones etc.
- Twalala – online browser beta Twitter tool that allows you to filter out or mute tweets you wish to ignore.
- Hahlo- another good web based and iPhone optimized site where you can view tweets and tweet.
- iTweet – similar to Hahlo – auto updates.
- TwitStat- mobile web client.
- Dabr – another mobile web client.
- Splitweet – allows multi account Twitter management.
- Twimbow – in alpha, but it seems like an interesting web based browser if you can get an account.
- TweetVisor – interesting new activity based web twitter client
- Twazzup Reader- good web based Twitter client.
- Accessible Twitter – Twitter UI optimized for disabled users and intended to be easier to read.
- Qwitter Client – accessible Twitter client designed for access by the blind via a user’s screen reader.
Directory and Top User Search Tools
- Tweetfind – Twitter directory with social Listings, Twitter lists and tools.
- TwitterPacks – answers the question: If someone were joining Twitter today, who might they follow?
- Start4all – directory of Twitter related web pages.
- FollowerWonk – search Twitter profiles by keywords and sentences, you can compare two users as well for overlap.
- Twiends – tool to grow your Twitter, Facebook and YouTube following by trading likes.
- Fan Page List – social media directory of Twitter and Facebook brands, celebrities etc.
- Increasr – this one is very similar to Twiends, a Twitter follower tool.
- Just Tweet It – a twitter directory sorted by interest.
- Twitaholic – lists top 1000 Twitter Users by followers.
- FameCount – active users on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Twellow - the Twitter yellow pages, you can find people by area of expertise.
- We Follow – find celebrities and follow-up people and key areas of expertise.
Cool Ways to See Your Tweets and Followers
- TwitterFountain – very cool way to view tweets by person or keyword in real time on big screen.
- TwitterCamp – nice way to view tweets on a big screen or monitor.
- Twit100 – it provides an unique view of the last 100 tweets from your followers.
- TwitArcs- an interesting visualization tool to see how a user’s tweets are connected.
- Twitter Spectrum – visualization tool that shows how two keywords are connected via Twitter keywords.
- TwitterBrowser – it lets you browse ones friends graphically.
- Twitterfall – an interesting real time browser of Twitter activity by keyword, user and etc.
- Twylah – an on-lin Flipboard type view of your Tweets, it is in request only Beta.
- MentionMap – a very interesting “mindmap” type view of mentions by username.
Tools for Follower and Unfollower
- Does Follow – simple tool to see if one person follows another person.
- Manage Flitter – clean up and manage your followers, it also has some analytic stuff.
- Tweeter Karma – see who you are following that is not following you and visa versa, you can mass follow those you don’t follow.
- Qwitter – get a daily report showing unfollowers.
- Twerp Scan- interesting way to drill down into who you or your followers are following.
- Twitspam – track and report Twitter and social network spammers.
- Is Now Following – tracks when you add new followers and tweets it.
- Fllwrs- keep track of your followers and unfollowers.
- Twitoria – it shows activity of the people you’re following to stop if they haven’t tweeted in a while.
- FollowCost – what’s it “cost” to follow someone – how frequently do they update their tweet.
- Just Unfollow – unfollow those that are not following you.
- IsFollow – find out who is following who by entering in two usernames.
- Tweet Find Tools – good free tool to unfollow people that don’t follow you, it also has tweet scheduler.
- Friend or Follow – another app to see who doesn’t follow you and visa versa.
- Tweepi – another list cleanser.
- Unfollowed Me – find out who unfollowed you.
Digests Of Social Activity and Summarized Reports
- Gist – a great app that tracks activity and tweets for your contacts across all social platforms, it has integration with Outlook, iPhone, Android and more, definitely worth to check it out.
- Nutshell Mail – it delivers a nice daily e-mail report of your Twitter, Facebook, and social media activity.
- Twilert – a good free app that provides a daily digest of tweets via e-mail of search terms and people.
- Tweet Beep – keep track of conversations that mention you, your products, your company, anything, with hourly updates via keyword tracking.
- Stream Spigot – creates a digest of tweets for a person or list delivered via RSS or a web page you can visit daily.
Track The Latest Trends and Tags
- TwitLinks – the latest links from the worlds top tech twitter users.
- Twemes – see worldwide tag and trends.
- Topsy – real time search for Twitter.
- Monitter – Twitter monitor which watches up to 3 keywords in separate columns in real time.
- Trendistic – see trends in Twitter, trending tags, 24 hour, 7/30/90/180 day graphs.
- Twazzup – realtime search results from Twitter.
- Twitturls – find out the latest URLs posted on Twitter.
- hashMASH – let you find and sorts similar hashtags based upon activity.
- Twitscoop – see key trends and events on Twitter, post Tweets in response.
- Tweet Scan- it shows top and search keywords.
- Tweetmeme – you can see the latest and hottest stories and images on this site.
- Twistori – live stream of Tweets showing loves, hates, believes, wishes, etc.
- Twitturly – this one is similar to Tweetmeme, see the latest and hottest stories and images.
- Twendz – explores Twitter conversations and sentiment.
- Twazzup – realtime search results from Twitter.
- SearchHash – download range of tweets based upon hashtag.
Segmentation and Grouping Tools
- Formulists – an excellent app that helps built personal lists for you based upon certain criteria and keywords.
- Group Tweet – Tweet with only a particular group of people.
- Crowd Status- create and find out the status of a certain group of people on Twitter.
- Triberr – you can retweet everything in the groups you join.
- bit.ly – many twitter apps use bit.ly directly or can leverage their bookmarklets, so can say it is the king URL shortener.
- TrueTwit – a Twitter validation tool that helps automate some key services. has both free and paid services, very useful.
- Twit Longer – it allows you to send longer Tweets
- Ping.fm – extremely valuable service that lets you publish your updates to many social networks at one time.
- Visibli – a nice engagement bar that shows your brand above links you share, it also has analytics.
- Tweet Burner – track the links that you post on Twitter, URL Shortner.
- Twitter Split – interesting script and tool you can install to allow you to track links in tweets you post.
- TwimeMachine – way to see all your past Tweets.
- Follow Friday Helper – let you easily build thank you & other messages to people who mention, RT, etc.
Integrate Twitter with Files and Images
- Twitpic – share photos.
- Twitvid – share photos and videos.
- Autopostr – update your Twitter when you post a Flickr picture,
- Twixr – share pictures on Twitter via your mobile phone.
- Twixxer- share photos and videos on Twitter
- MobyPictures – share your images across multiple sites including Twitter
Twitter Background Sites
- Twilk – cool site that let you create a background image of all your followers, who you follow, for paid version, there no advertising.
- Twitrounds – another free Twitter background tool.
- Twitbacks – create free twitter backgrounds.
- Free Twitter Designer – free tool to design a Twitter background.
- Twitter Images – more free images.
- Twitter Backgrounds.org, Twit Background Images.com, Twitr Backgrounds, Twitpaper, and Free Twitter Layout – more free images.
- Tweativity – windows based app for Twitter backgrounds.
Twitter and Music
- FoxyTunes – Tweet what you’re listening, watching or reading regardless what player you are using.
- Blip.fm – listen to music and tweet it to Twitter.
- TweetDeck – one of the best out there, free and definitely worth a look.
- TweetPad – visualizes statistics on the source of the incoming messages.
- Twhirl, Twinja, and Destroy Twitter – an amazing online application that empowers you with the functionality of Twitter.com from your desktop.
Latest posts by Ann Liu (Posts)
- The Feature Rich New Google+ - May 18, 2013
- Top 10 Tips Help You Writing Content That Ranks in 2013 - May 1, 2013
- Do You Know How Facebook’s EdgeRank Algorithm Works - April 23, 2013